[Alt-photo] photoshop subsdcribers, anyone?

Ann Barry abarry at pipeline.com
Sun May 25 19:36:32 UTC 2014

There will be no more boxed editions - CS6 is the last one so no upgrade costs. The sticking point for a subscription is that if you stop your Creative Cloud subscription, you no longer have access to the program. Unless you have the box version, you may have trouble finding a program that will open your files with all the layers, etc. Also, if you need to back to much earlier file (several years hence) the newest version of CC may not open it.

In addtion, Adobe recently had server issues - 28 hours - and many users were severely affected, especially if that was the time the program, which is downloaded on your computer, needed to "call in" to verify your subscription. I believe that it does this every 30 days.

The subscription is a great model for Adobe and some large businesses, but iffy for the smaller user.

Ann Barry