[Alt-photo] Upcoming Platinum and Palladium Photographs Symposium in Washington, DC, Oct 22-23

Mike Ware mike at mikeware.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 19:55:10 UTC 2014

In answer to Alberto's question and to expand on Rob's clear description, I can, as a speaker, assure you that it is firmly planned to publish - in hard copy - a full account of the proceedings of this Pt/Pd Symposium, plus more supplementary material. The chief editor will be the Conference organiser, Connie McCabe, Head of Photograph Conservation at the National Gallery of Art, Washington DC. [An example of the quality of editorship and publication values that we can expect may be seen in her previous volume: 'Coatings on Photographs', American Institute for Conservation, 2005].
Since there are no less than 32 active professional contributors to these proceedings, across some 20 major institutions, together with all that may emerge in discussion by an audience of several hundred, you will realise that pulling the fruits of this initiative together could well take some time - perhaps 18 months or so. But eventually this publication will stand as a landmark in the history of our understanding of this superb process.
Good wishes,
Mike