[Alt-photo] Upcoming Platinum and Palladium Photographs Symposium in Washington, DC, Oct 22-23

Mike Ware mike at mikeware.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 10:00:44 UTC 2014

Greetings Rob,

I've not heard of any intention to video the proceedings - and I wonder who would be prepared to watch two days of lectures on a small screen, anyway!
I'm sure your recently-discovered and generously-donated specimens will receive close scientific attention in the fullness of time.
All the scientists and conservators are at present frantically busy preparing their presentations; some of them have been working on this project for 4 years or more.
They have a battery of spectroscopic and other analytical techniques at their disposal - HREM, SEM-EDX, XRF, FTIR, Raman, GCMS, OCT - to hurl a few acronyms into the ring!
The resulting conclusions should find their way eventually into the Conference Proceedings volume.
See you in DC.

Mike