[Alt-photo] usage of sodium carbonate to develop imagon

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:41:20 UTC 2014

On 10/12/2014 08:08 PM, Raven wrote:
> I use plates that wash out with water. And the special soft brush from boxcar press.  Boxcar press did carry the plates but may have stopped.
> They're good for 6 months. Or longer depending on storage temp.
>
> Never used any that needed soda ash? Or maybe I've been doing it wrong. :)
>
> Best,
> Raven
>
>> On Oct 11, 2014, at 11:18 PM, Matti Koskinen <mjkoskin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> I'm getting nearer and nearer with my experimenting with photopolymergravures. I haven't found any info about the soda ash developer, that is what's an approximate life of the developer? How many times you can use say a gallon of developer to develop 4x6" plates, before the developer is exhausted?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> -m

sorry, I ImagON is developed in washing soda, or sodium carbonate or
soda ash, depending who's giving the instructions. 10g/litre.

Your probably referring to Toyo-plates or alike, here 38eur/A3 size, bit
too expensive for me :-(
ImagON was 28eur from Polymetaal, 30.5cm x 4.5m roll. And if you ruin
your plate, stronger alkali (household ammonia diluted) removes the
film. (And I've recycled my zinc plates couple of dozen of times by now).

But what a difference using Akua instead of Caligo Safe wash ink, much,
much easier.

tnx

-m