[Alt-photo] question

bobkiss @caribsurf.com bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sun Oct 12 22:06:29 UTC 2014

DEAR LORIS,
     The water supply in Barbados disproves your statement that calcium
carbonate is practically insoluble!  There is so much CaCO3 dissolved in
our water that it leaves deposits everywhere and makes developers pH too
high.  I have to mix EVERYTHING with distilled water.  Further, a high
humidity environment would cause CaCO3 to leach from the buffered board
into the cyano print and bleach it.
     I still prefer good ol' 100% cotton museum board with nothing added
for mounting all my prints.  There are also the high tech papers with ion
traps...up to you.
                       CHEERS!
                                   BOB