[Alt-photo] Chemicals in Turkey? Loris, can you help?

Serdar Bilici sbilici at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:15:46 UTC 2014

Hello John,

I was waiting for Loris to chime in, he knows more about the locations
to buy supplies.

Collodion isn't too hard to find in Turkey but it is not sold online
afaik. You have to talk to the chemical suppliers, Bereket Kimya and
Balmumcu would be my first choices, they can direct you other places if
need be. %4 Merck 1lt. collodion is what is usually sold both flexible
and non-flexible types are available.

I haven't seen any cadmium bromide sold or listed anywhere, but
potassium iodide and bromide and very easy to find. And if you are
looking for cyanide fixer (KCN),  sorry that requires special license.
Anything misc. chemistry you need, you can purchase it from the stores
Loris suggested.

As varnish you cannot find sandarac, but you can find  shellac. It is
called "gomalak", it can be purchased from any art supply store.

Ethanol might be tricky too, but I am not sure. Its sale has been
somewhat regulated to prevent contraband liquor production. I wonder
what Loris thinks. I buy ethanol from pharmacy and they are not willing
to sell it to everyone.

P.S. Sorry about the incomplete post, something wrong with my mail
client I suppose.

Best Regards
Serdar