[Alt-photo] Ansel Adams and alt

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:32:30 UTC 2015

All,

I was in Yosemite last week and while in the Ansel Adams gallery I spotted these 3 original photographs made on vellum. According to people in the gallery they were original silver photographs made on vellum. Paper was made by a local guy. Name Gasonville (if I have the spelling correct?) was mentioned in connection with these photographs, but I was not quite sure what the connection actually was.
It is kind of as close to alt as Ansel Adams photography would get and there might be some people on the list that might know and share more about it.
Thse were about 8x10 and priced up to 18000 if somebody is rushing to buy.

Kerik, I missed the show (it was already closed) and was unable to see your photograph in person.

Marek

Looks like I can start a post