[Alt-photo] Ansel Adams and alt

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Thu Jun 4 20:48:10 UTC 2015

I have a monograph on William E Dassonville (Carl Mautz Publishing,
Nevada,  1999), a Californian photographer, who produced a hand coated
paper called Dassonville Charcoal Black from about 1924.  According to
one contemporary review it was "an exquisitely crisp, substantial,
though thin stock, with a dead, roughish surface and parchment-like
texture" and "the translucence of the paper is one of its elements of
beauty."

Don Sweet