[Alt-photo] Ansel Adams and alt

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Thu Jun 4 21:29:14 UTC 2015

(reading on) Dassonville produced Charcoal Black paper as a replacement
for platinum paper and suitable for enlargements.  The coating was
silver bromide with some secret ingredients and techniques. Ansel Adams
used the paper extensively until about 1933.  Dassonville Charcoal Black
was associated with pictorial style of photography, and lost market
share as that style went out of fashion.

Don Sweet/
///