[Alt-photo] PSE RECOMMEND CONTACT FRAMES

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:04:07 UTC 2015

I would avoid the PF contact frame as sold by B&H.  I'd also avoid the cheap Premier frames if they are still made.  Cruise ebay for an old Eastman frame that applies pressure in the middle of the hinged back rather than along the edge as in the PF frame.

A local woodworker might be able to make one of these very quickly and inexpensively.  It is basically a picture frame with a ledge and a couple channels routed in it.  The fancy joints are nice but mitered corners with a couple splines or staples would also do the job.

Joe