[Alt-photo] Nuarc First Light exposure unit for alt process?

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:00:02 UTC 2015

We use it here at the University of Dayton and it is in use for the
printmaking area at Emmanuel College in Boston.

The neoprene blanket tends to tear from use of screen printing frames.

The vacuum is sometimes a little hard to achieve. I stack magazines and
books on top if not using a contact printing frame with coated paper. Works
great for cyano and VDB although with my dense inkjet negatives times have
been around 60 minutes and 30 minutes respectively.

-francis

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Loris Medici <mail at loris.medici.name>
wrote:

> Don't know the specific unit but if it's adequate for exposing offset
> plates then it's ok for alt-process printing too.
>  On Mar 21, 2015 7:48 PM, "paul nyerges" <paul.nyerges at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Does anyone have experience with  NuArc First-Light UV fluorescent
> Exposure
> > System fl2532?
> > It only has 5 bulbs and wondering if spacing, # of bulbs will work for
> alt
> > process.
> > Currently doing mostly cyanotype but VDB and other uses are in the works.
> > Your opinions/insight welcome
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > *Paul L Nyerges*