[Alt-photo] Bromoil and Fixer

Jacques Kevers jacqueskv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:30:40 UTC 2015

George,
What I do not understand is that you seem to expect the image to go away
during fixing, after the bleach bath. As for me, it's in the bleach that
the image is supposed to disappear.. When I did some bromoils, after the
bleaching/tanning/washing, I got just a quite faint yellow image. Then,
after using a fix composed of 250gr thyosulphate + 12gr of potassium
metabisulfite for 1liter of water, this faint yellow image turned grey.
Did you wash thoroughly after the bleach/tan and before the fix? It might
be that some bleaching residues remained and interacted with the fix. Just
guessing...
Jacques