[Alt-photo] question about plate burner

`Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 18 16:53:57 UTC 2015

     If the circuit breaker smoked it must be replaced even if you could
re-set it. Breakers have limited lifetimes.  In industrial settings they
are tested frequently for heat.  A hot breaker means either the line its
protecting is near overload or that the breaker is defective.  If the
breaker gets hot enough you can feel it but industrial breakers are
usually tested by an optical thermometer that senses IR radiation.
Thermometers for this purpose and others can be found at electronic
supply stores like Fry's and on the Internet.

Richard Knoppow
dickburk at ix.netcom.com
WB6KBL