[Alt-photo] LIVE WEBCAST ON REMOVING RESIDUAL FE

Kerik Kouklis kerik at kerik.com
Wed Oct 28 15:13:17 UTC 2015

I missed the beginning, so I'm not certain which EDTA they were using. They
only called it EDTA and didn't distinguish between di and tetra.

The presentation was more geared for conservators treating vintage prints
rather than contemporary printers. They did a zillion step tests and
artificially aged them at 70 degrees C and 75% humidity for four weeks (I
think).

The bottom line is, in no case was the iron removed completely. In all
cases XRF showed iron was still present and staining got worse as a result
of the aging process.

Kerik

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Clay Harmon Website via
Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>