[Alt-photo] Fabriano Artistico and Cyanotype

Siegfried Rempel siegfriedrempel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:30:26 UTC 2015

The rationale is that archival papers have alkaline buffer added or have some residual alkaline left in the paper from the fabrication process
This interferes with the acidic environment required by many alt processes and so an acid pre- bath will neutralize the alkaline residuals and facilitate the image forming process
Archival papers often have an alkaline reserve to promote their long term preservation

Sent from my iPhone