[Alt-photo] New Platine

Denny dspector at charter.net
Fri Apr 8 21:09:09 UTC 2016

Diana and Jeannie,

The position of the watermark symbol may not be a good indicator of the new formulation.  I received this information from Arches:
" Please have a look at the run # on the packet of paper, if it is a higher number than # 59880, it is the new formulation."  This was in response to my asking if the position of the symbol could be used to identify the new version.

I have a packet of run # 59905, new formulation, and the symbol is under the "A", not under the "P", so Jeannie may have been using the new formulation.

I'm still working on sorting out the staining I've seen with three color gum over platinum, I assume it had something to do with the paper going through the platinum chemistry.  I'm hoping that more sizing will resolve the problem.

Denny