[Alt-photo] Platinum Rag arrived!

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Tue Apr 12 10:20:22 UTC 2016

> On 10 apr. 2016, at 17:19, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
>
> What is exposure scale of DAS, Kees? How many stops?
> Who first suggested using this?

Hi Chris,

When I got my first DAS I tried it immediately with gum, and it didn’t work. This is contrary to what Kosar states in his book on page 331 ;). DAS works also with many synthetic colloids. Kosar's Light Sensitive Systems is an excellent source of information about DAS (p330 7.2).

I wrote about this in one of the ultra long 2011 DAS carbon threads on APUG. i think many other people tried it too.

I get about 5,5 stops with DAS casein.

Kees