[Alt-photo] oxalate ferric problem

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Sat Mar 5 20:36:57 UTC 2016

Hi Jusdado,

Is this the same batch of ferric oxalate that you were using earlier? If so, how old is it? I mean how long have you had it? If you can’t get it to dissolve within 24 hours it is probably expired. Though I see Bob says his sometimes takes longer. In my experience if it doesn’t dissolve completely in 24 hours it is not going to. In any case, do not reheat it after it has cooled.

On the other hand, have you tried to siphon out what you can of the dissolved portion? If so, have you tried printing with it? I did that with the batch I was having trouble with a couple weeks ago and found that it works fine for Pt/Pd. I suspect it would for Kallitype too.

~ Keith