[Alt-photo] cyanotype over palladium

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:55:01 UTC 2016

Bob,
There are quite a few of us that print this combination on the list but only one has responded so I’ll say what I do.
I do a duotone negative separation, using the RGB negs. The R neg prints the cyanotype, the GB print the platinum.
I curve each negative with its own curve as platinum has a longer exposure scale than cyanotype. PDN CCIII curve system.
Each exposure is exactly as it should be, derived from finding out the standard printing time for each process.
No difference in curve, printing, chemistry. Just as is. Processing exactly the same. Platinum goes on first, of course.
There is no need to size paper in this process. I do shrink my paper beforehand though.
Chris