[Alt-photo] oxalate ferric problem

bobkiss caribsurf.com bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Mon Mar 7 03:58:28 UTC 2016

Over the years and several batches of FO soln mixed out of the same large jar of FO, I have reheated my FO repeatedly and I have given it three or four days to dissolve.  I can stick a neg in my plate burner, set the number of units on the integrator, coat my paper with the same drop count and get a very closely matching print (speed, Dmax, and contrast) as what I have gotten with previously mixed batches of FO.  Days of mixing and reheating seem to have no effect on results.
I recall Eric Neilsen saying that some batches of FO from different suppliers dissolved much more quickly than others but I see little difference in the prints and that is all that matters to me.

                     CHEERS!
                          BOB