[Alt-photo] Gum Printing: A Step-by-Step Manual, Highlighting Artists and Their Creative Practice

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:29:11 UTC 2016

>  I do
> regret not submitting work for this volume but that just wasn't in the cards
> for me.

Don,
I regret you are not in there, too!
There were a number of people who did not submit to my multiple calls for work.
Not mentioning any names of course.
Maybe they thought it wasn’t worth it or something? I don’t know.
I even bugged some multiple times and no answer.
I even had to strong-arm several who are IN the book!
I wanted it to be a true snapshot of gum as it is practiced today, and it is that, even without everyone included, so what’s meant to be is meant to be!
Life intervenes for some. I know when James made the call for images for his latest edition I barely made an entry and I regret that I didn’t spend more time on what I submitted, but I think I was heading for or on sabbatical.
It is almost (not quite) a thankless task to submit to a book, but when the book is in your hands and you see your work in there, it makes it worth the pain-in-the-butt time it takes to write, size images, etc.