[Alt-photo] Better Living Through Chemistry

Dan Estabrook daniel at danestabrook.com
Tue Sep 13 12:11:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Last Spring I organized a little one-day symposium on the subject of chemical, physical, and "Alt Process" photography in the digital age, which was held at the Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina. With me were luminaries like France Scully Osterman, Christina Z. Anderson, Brian Taylor, Jerry Spagnoli, Jesseca Ferguson, and Alida Fish. It was awesome.... Now I've polished up the transcripts of the day's discussion and published it as a little 170-page book, called "Better Living Through Chemistry: On the Future of the Photograph." I'll put the PDF up online for free in the next few days and will post here, but I'll sell a hard copy to anyone who wants one - $8 shipped in the US, US$10 for overseas. (The book is cute. I like real things...)

More soon,
Dan Estabrook