[Alt-photo] Better Living Through Chemistry

Don donsbryant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:16:49 UTC 2016

Kudos to and for Dan!

-----Original Message-----
From: Alt-photo-process-list
Dan Estabrook via Alt-photo-process-list
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:12 AM
To: alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
Cc: Dan Estabrook
Subject: [Alt-photo] Better Living Through Chemistry

Hi all,

Last Spring I organized a little one-day symposium on the subject of
chemical, physical, and "Alt Process" photography in the digital age, which
was held at the Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina. With me were
luminaries like France Scully Osterman, Christina Z. Anderson, Brian Taylor,
Jerry Spagnoli, Jesseca Ferguson, and Alida Fish. It was awesome.... Now
I've polished up the transcripts of the day's discussion and published it as
a little 170-page book, called "Better Living Through Chemistry: On the
Future of the Photograph." I'll put the PDF up online for free in the next
few days and will post here, but I'll sell a hard copy to anyone who wants
one - $8 shipped in the US, US$10 for overseas. (The book is cute. I like
real things...)

More soon,
Dan Estabrook