[Alt-photo] salted paper

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 18:49:42 UTC 2016

I would be very interested to hear about ammoniacal silver solution. As Chris noted it was very popular in early literature and then it disappeared from practice. I think these papers will fume out ammonia as they dry so something to watch for.

Also the preparation should be done carefully following the recipe. These ammoniacal silver solution are not stable and can precipitate explosive silver nitrade on standing (that's my chemistry contribution for the day )

On a separate note Chris did u use gelatin in the Rochelle salt recipe.
Marek

Sent from my iPhone