[Alt-photo] Digital negatives help?

Henry Rattle henry.rattle at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 16 10:26:10 UTC 2016

Hello Alt friends,
For years I have made my gum prints using colorised negatives following Mark's excellent PDN method. My domestic printers have been sufficient for this - clearly the dyes are nicely opaque at the wavelengths for gum. However this doesn't work for salt - presumably responds to different wavelengths. In the end I resorted to sandwiching two (black printed on my Pixma 6250) transparencies to produce enough density, and finally made my first couple of usable salt prints (only 18 tries!). Given that the budget won't run to a new printer for digital negatives, is there any way to produce enough density on the Canon or my Epson 1500W to make properly curved negs for salt?

By the way, the new gum book is stunning! Thank you Chris!

Best wishes

Henry

Sent from my iPad