[Alt-photo] ammonio-nitrate

Ned Lewis nl at nedlewis.org
Fri Sep 16 22:26:41 UTC 2016

Just a small point of clarification... in my limited experience so far,
I've found that nearly every imaginable factor changes the result of a salt
print or how it tones.  What kind of salt, what kind of paper, citrates or
citric acid, how much and what kind of gelatin, how it is exposed, etc
etc.  This is one of the things that makes salt printing so cool... each
factor has a more or less subtle effect on the final result.  As you learn
what each does, you are inevitably driven toward making a print that is not
only unique but also reflects your own personal taste ( it *has to*,
because you are making all those choices! )

So while I'm definitely curious about ammonio-nitrate of silver due to its
history, I'm mainly interested because it is yet another different way to
go about making a salt print, and I can't wait to see what characteristics
emerge!

I have the first one exposing right now as I type this, and I've got that
"Christmas morning" feeling that comes from trying something new and
anticipating getting to see what it looks like.

I will try not to blow myself up :)

Cheers!
Ned

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Charles via Alt-photo-process-list <