[Alt-photo] My gum book arrived!

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 13:11:40 UTC 2016

Thanks for the praise, John, and glad you got it.
Your work in it is quite intriguing and makes me want to go to that place!
How do I do manage? An unhealthy ability to hyper focus for an extended period of time, abandon a social life, be ok with sitting for days weeks months in a chair with a laptop, a husband who manages everything else... It is not a lifestyle for everybody and there is no glamour in it. I bet your wife feels the same way, being an author? I have her book to read on my laptop for when I finish salt research! That’ another thing that goes out the window: fiction reading.
But such a great reward it is to have all that time packaged in one little neat 8x10x1” square. And it helps that I love research; it’s a treasure hunt.
Today I get to PLAY though. Heading out to Rochester NY to take a salt and albumen workshop with Mark Osterman at the George Eastman House! And see historic salt prints! And photograph pages from the one book I can’t get anywhere else but the Eastman library, too, while I’m there!
Chris