[Alt-photo] salted paper

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:54:55 UTC 2016

Suzanne,
Isn’t it, in a way, totally easy?? It’s got a great exposure latitude which makes it perfect for outside exposure.
I am so glad this ammonio-nitrate conversation happened because it continues to convince me there is not a place for its use in modern salt practice.
Having a great time at the albumen/salt workshop at the Eastman House this week. We’re doing albumen first, and am glad to find out it doesn’t interest me as much as salted paper although that fine-grained lustre is very alluring. But I am so happy to have experienced it, and it does make me want to try adding a bit of egg white to the salting water and try a half-albumen mix.
Chris