[Alt-photo] salted paper

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:56:03 UTC 2016

John,

I find it odd that salt and albumen are two different processes today when they share so much in common. Now that I have had my first two days of experiencing albumen at the Eastman workshop, I can sort of see why. I am really glad to have tried it but it isn’t a process I would continue with, except perhaps to experiment with adding some egg white to the water in the salt formula and see if there is any benefit to that over gelatin or starch.

I wonder if the proportion of albumen to salt printers today is the same as it was back in the day, or more even now.

But to answer your question, even though YOU count, I have not been researching albumen.

The books are more filled with albumen information than they are of salt, though, pages and pages devoted to albumen and then two or three to salt.

Wow, all those eggs.

Alberto, noted.

Chris