[Alt-photo] Poitevin 1855

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Sat Sep 24 10:50:03 UTC 2016

> Hi Alberto,
>
> This is not exactly the French patent transcription but you get
> absolutely all details by Poitevin himself and he decribes the
> "competition" which occured in 1855 between himself and Pretsch. The
> book is full of Poitevin's own explanations but also he quotes plenty of
> articles or works which have been produced by the various scientific
> academies and/or Societies which were interested in his processes.
>
> You may find Poitevins's book here (in French, of course!) :
>
> http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k5675163s.r=poitevin%20photolithographie?rk=64378;0

Hi Jean,
I know that book. Indeed, that book is worth reading because Poitevin made a sort of compilation of the many articles dealing with his work, and there is also his strong defense of his primacy about the principle of the use of dichromate with colloids (though Talbot's patent on photoengraving came two years before).

Alberto