[Alt-photo] Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 127, Issue 5

Niranjan Patel nirpat89 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 22:54:47 UTC 2016

Mark, Hi:

I use ChartThrob where the main layout is for 101 squares of 1% variation.  It also has a strip of 21 steps on the side of 5% each.  I also put in a homemade 21-step wedge on the side of the each of my negatives (before applying the curve) for the photographs, so I can track of what is going on.

I do not use densitometer so I can't give you reflection density. Instead, I use a scanner (calibrated to a it8.7/2 target) to give me RGB values of the steps which I then desaturate for easy comparison.  For the densest step, I am getting RGB values in the range of 29-31.  The second at 95% step reads in the 38 area as the process stands today.

As far as how many steps are printing distinctly, visually - all 21 are.

:Niranjan.