[Alt-photo] HT-2 residual hypo test

Jacques Kevers jacqueskv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:27:46 UTC 2017

Marek,
On Philip Greenspun's LUSENET forum, in the B&W Photo - Printing &
Finishing section, you can find this:
[....]Deep in the instructions for the Kodak Hypo Estimator it says "This
test procedure does not conform to the ANSI method of determining residual
thiosulfate levels".[....]
Likewise, on the Photographers' Formulary Residual Hypo Test it says "While
the test is adequate for everyday printing, it is not sensitive enough to
be used for archival printing".[....]
http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=001UL5

So I'm wondering whether this is the ideal way if you are looking for
something more scientific...
No idea on what would be more adequate, though...
Best,
Jacques

Jacques Kevers
Beau Site