[Alt-photo] Sodium Thiocyanate For Fixing Out Lumens

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Fri Aug 18 21:40:14 UTC 2017

The salted paper print has additional disadvantage of not having
gelatin, and silver image is more directly exposed to airborne oxidants.
If you treat the fully processed and washed prints in a weak gelatin
solution with a bit of 2-MBI or any other compound that protects silver
image, I would expect the silver image to be better protected.

Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there" (Miles Davis)