[Alt-photo] good little book

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:52:57 UTC 2017

Good Morning,

I always check books’ bibliographies when I am researching, and I found this book mentioned.

Brown, George E. Ferric and Heliographic Processes: A Handbook for Photographers, Draughtsmen, and Sun Printers. New York: Tennant & Ward, 1900 [First edition 1900, reprinted 1905, this edition n.d.)

I found it on Abebooks:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=&tn=Ferric+and+Heliographic+Processes%3A+A+Handbook+for+Photographers%2C+Draughtsmen%2C+and+Sun+Printers&kn=&isbn= <https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=&tn=Ferric+and+Heliographic+Processes:+A+Handbook+for+Photographers,+Draughtsmen,+and+Sun+Printers&kn=&isbn=>

It’s under $10, a reprint/facsimile of the original that is well done.

Chapters are on cyanotype, kallitype obernetter, uranotype, Pellet process, ferro-gallic, etc. What is interesting is there is a small section on tricolor gum over cyanotype under the chapter entitled Ferro-Prussiate in Tricolor Work (go figure) and a W. E. Brewerton medalled at the RPS’s exhibition of 1898!

Has anyone seen his tricolor work in person?