[Alt-photo] [Alt-Photo] Printing Sound

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Mon Aug 28 08:07:51 UTC 2017

> On 28 aug. 2017, at 08:25, Mustafa Umut Sarac via Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org> wrote:
>
> I am thinking to negative engrave on steel by cnc

Hi Umut,

Why not use photopolymer plates? if you have found a way to translate a sound into a (line) pattern you can print the pattern as a negative and expose a polymer plate with it. After development the line will be raised and the surrounding polymer will be dissolved. You can either use the plate itself to generate the sound or use it to print/emboss. If you use a positive in stead of a negative you gan make an intaglio plate and print with it. I’m working with Toyobo KM95 for polymer gravure, this is a steel backed plate with a UV sensitive, water soluble polymer layer. Once completely hardened it is rock solid. It will be possible to emboss paper or plastic sheets with it.

I think the hardest part will be finding a way to get  your sound into a graphic pattern that does the trick.

best,

Kees