[Alt-photo] paper for cyanotype (again)

Clay Harmon clay at clayharmon.com
Wed Dec 13 21:47:42 UTC 2017

I found you needed to acidify it to get a rich print. One issue I had was that it was a pretty thirsty paper and can be difficult to clear. I had to use a weak phosphoric acid bath for the first clearing step to get complete clearing. The texture is a little rougher than some of the papers like Platine or HPR. However, if you have access to an etching press and some spare time, you can take the damp paper about midway in the drying step after acidification and run it through the press between two sheets of lexan. That will calendar the paper and smooth it out considerably.