[Alt-photo] paper for cyanotype (again)

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:39:23 UTC 2017

Siegfried,
I felt the same way and wasn’t going to go back to Twinrocker, as I had these two sheets here from years ago that were way too textured and heavy. But when I went to their website I saw they make tons of different papers (in hot, cold, and both) and so I ordered a sampler. Perhaps this will exonerate them in my eyes :)
Keith, I am very careful to specify paper exactly. For instance, I have been measuring 5 ESes per paper (no, vinegar, citric, hydrochloric, and sulfamic acid development) and charting the results and you take an Arches Aquarelle cold press and it will differ from an Arches Aquarelle hot press, or even natural white to cream, etc. etc.
But the Twinrocker paper I had, the coating solution shot right through to the back so badly I chucked it. It was actually kind of shocking because it is so thick. I’ve tested lots of unsized paper, Japanese paper, printmaking paper, and I haven’t seen that kind of issue on a paper this thick. Can’t wait to see the new stuff.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
routledge.com/Contemporary-Practices-in-Alternative-Process-Photography/book-series/CPAPP