[Alt-photo] paper for cyanotype (again)

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Fri Dec 15 01:45:05 UTC 2017

I intentionally didn't address my comments to anyone in particular, but I think you just made my point, Chris ;) This was obviously not Twinrocker Watercolor. That would not happen on any surface-sized watercolor paper. Usually (not always) it only happens on waterleaf (unsized) papers like Arches 88 and certain subspecies of Rives BFK, as well as some unsized washi.

All Twinrocker papers, except those marked “Printmaking or Letterpress” are suitable for all media, including water-based materials such as pen and ink. Watercolor paper is given an additional “surface” or “tub” sizing of gelatine.

I have tried the White Printmaking and the Cream (Sweet Cream) and maybe 1 or 2 others, and all behaved exactly as you described. The only one that didn't is the White Watercolor.

The way their website is built I can't give a direct link to the page, but if you go to this link then be sure "White Watercolor" is selected in the Twinrocker Watercolor Paper section and click Go. That will take you to the right place.

https://www.twinrockerhandmadepaper.com/pa_main.php

Keith