[Alt-photo] Kallitype Issue

Robert Krawiec robk64 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 01:24:05 UTC 2017

So I had another printing session last night and I think I have a solution to the problem, or at least a highly likely suspect. I printed some images with a 50/50 developer (as per James' book) and some with a standard ammonium citrate developer. The 50/50 prints showed the white spots but the ammonium citrate did not.

BTW, the 2 papers I printed on, Kozo Heavy from Bostick & Sullivan and Herschel both are very nice for kallitype and can split tone when put through a gold toner for a minute or so.
Rob