[Alt-photo] Bergger paper

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Tue Jul 11 17:34:49 UTC 2017

I had heard rumors about a lightweight Bergger COT paper, but this is the first I've heard of it being actually available. As you may know, the COT-320 comes off of the same mould as Arches Platine, or at least it used to. (I once had a batch of COT-320 with a Platine watermark!) I wonder if this comes off the same mould as the 145gm Platine. If I remember right, the paper base is the same, but they are sized differently, and obviously the Bergger is trimmed and the Arches is not. I've got those details somewhere around here, but it may not be the case any longer.

I like the lightweight Platine, but find it to be very absorbent compared to the heavy version, so I have to eliminate the Tween 20.

Keith

Keith Schreiber
jkschreiber.com