[Alt-photo] removing old casein from glass

johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 22:12:35 UTC 2017

For those of who're lost on the 'sips of IPA', that's Indian Pale Ale, an ale well worth trying :).

Another thing worth trying for cleaning glass is a well used method used in laboratories, and you have one ingredient, which is potassium dichromate. It's  dichromate/sulphuric acid/water. Dissolve Xg of dichromate with X x 10mL water and then add slowly XmL sulphuric acid in that order. So, for example, if you use 10g dichromate add that  to 100mL water then add 10mL water.

Always add acid to the solute to prevent splashing.

John

Sent from my iPhone