[Alt-photo] the alt family tree

mineurdecharbon mineurdecharbon at skynet.be
Mon Jul 24 18:42:29 UTC 2017

I an the Fresson of Kadur BadradiganContact me if you will one copyBestPhilippe

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Message d'origine --------De : Hans & Chia via Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org> Date : 24/07/17  20:27  (GMT+01:00) À : "Christina Z. Anderson" <christinazanderson at gmail.com>, alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org Objet : Re: [Alt-photo] the alt family tree
Hi Chris,

I finally found my book:-)) I bought it in Hamburg in 1987 and I remember I was eager to try the "Sandgummidruck". I found very fine sand - in a zoo shop - meant for bird cages. I mixed it with my gum solution and I also tried to spread over my fresh coated gum print. The result was not so much to talk about, but I had fun.

1st ed 1978, 2nd ed 1979 and the 3rd ed (which I have) 1982. It won a Kodak photo book prize 1978 as "bestes Fotolehrbuch ausgezeichnet". ISBN 3-87061-183-9; Berlin Verlag.

Very vague recipes, though.
He writes: you can add sand to the gelatin wet sized paper… which you have to give one more layer of gelatin - or use a press, or
when the gum emulsion is still wet you can use a sieve to spread the sand… He says that the sand stays mostly in the shadows and the deep middle tones after exposure. I don't remember.

I think I will try it again some day. Just for the fun of it. I still have some of that fine bird sand…

Best
Chia