[Alt-photo] masking edges

Bob Cornelis bob at colorfolio.com
Tue Jun 13 16:25:31 UTC 2017

I'm interested in recommendations for the best way to mask edges to get a
clean, straight line. I'm mainly doing pt/pd and cyanotype.

I'd prefer to not just extend the edge of the neg with black as sometimes
it's hard to get perfect clearing, especially with cyanotype. I know that
various tapes have come and gone over time so wondered if anyone has a good
source for a tape that doesn't mar papers (Platine and HPR) and doesn't
"leak" under the edge.

Haven't tried rubylith but it seems expensive, sort of a pain to use and
not sure if it would have the same problem with clearing highlights.

Thanks!
Bob