[Alt-photo] Fwd: vacuum pump

rowan Bloemhof bloemhofster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 09:26:37 UTC 2017

I did a little further research yesterday, finding the issue interesting.
And I came across a solution on the science madness forum(sorry lost the
link). They suggested sticking the outlet tube into a container filled with
sand, this seemed to absorb any oil mists while passing trough the air
without creating considerable resistance to the air flow. This has the big
benefit of sand being a cheap to replace material. In this case it is very
important though to make sure you use some sort of thin filter(coffee
filter perhaps?) around the hose to prevent any possible blowback sucking
sand into your vacuum pump.

Well so far my two cents, good luck!

Met vriendelijke groet,
Rowan Bloemhof