[Alt-photo] off the wall question

Bob Cornelis bob at colorfolio.com
Fri Jun 30 23:31:02 UTC 2017

Hi All

I'm trying to spruce up my dim/darkroom space a bit after a number of years
of regular use. My dry-side work surface is just a plank of wood that I
painted. Over time, it has accumulated quite a vivid display of chemical
stains. I realize absorbent wood was a not a really great idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what type of surface might best resist
the inevitable spots, splotches, rings and minor spills from things like
pt/pd and cyanotype sensitizer? Cyanotype, in particular, is really hard to
contain, it stains anything it touches!

I've seen some photos of people's darkrooms online and they are always
spotless...

Thanks
Bob