[Alt-photo] Possible paper issue

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:56:49 UTC 2017

Hi Marek,

I've not had any issues personally, but I do have a friend (and I posted
this here a couple of weeks ago) who was having some similar problems with
the Revere Platinum-- she'd just bought it recently.  Since the problem
seemed to disappear, she figured it was also 'operator error,' but then
every few sheets, she'd have the problem again.  She never changed her
working methods.  She was getting some random mottled spotting-- only in
highlights, though she suspected it was in the dark areas, too, and maybe
they just weren't as visible.

As an aside, I also posted here some time ago-- for what it's worth-- that
whenever I purchase the Arches Platine that has the π symbol directly
underneath the P,  the paper is perfect.  People posted that this didn't
matter, and that even the folks at Legion said it didn't matter.  But I
recently picked up some again at my local Jerry's-- where it has always
always had that mark under the P, and it was just as perfect as when the
paper first came out.  I did ask if this was some they'd had in stock for a
while, but they buy it frequently (and have always had that mark there).
Every single time, the paper works like a charm.  So I just don't feel
that's a fluke.  Whether people believe me or not, makes no difference to
me.  I'm just stating my experience, and so I'll keep buying it at Jerry's.
:)

Diana

*dhbloomfield.com <http://dhbloomfield.com>*

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Marek Matusz via Alt-photo-process-list <