[Alt-photo] digital neg drying

Bob Cornelis bob at colorfolio.com
Sun May 7 19:33:56 UTC 2017

David

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I was also curious if the only criteria for the neg being ready to use is
that it not stick to the coated paper or if there are other qualities that
change over time that can make a difference.

Any thoughts?

Bob

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 11:14 AM, David Christensen via
Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
wrote:

> Bob - I've been printing digital negs on a 1430 using Pictorico Ultra and
> Piezography inks.  After about five minutes, I use a hairdryer on a low
> cool/warm setting and move it over the neg about 10 inches away for three
> minutes.  I've had no problems with the neg sticking to the carbon tissue
> I'm using.
>
> David
>

> On 2017-05-07 11:13 AM, Bob Cornelis via Alt-photo-process-list wrote:
>
>> I usually try to let my digital negs sit overnight to "cure" but
>> sometimes,
>> especially when doing a lot of testing, that is really inconvenient.
>>
>> How long have you found you need to let negs sit before using them without
>> adverse consequences?
>>
>> I've sometimes used a hair dryer on the back of the negs, but I have no
>> idea how long to do that or if there is some sign that the neg is ready
>> for
>> use when accelerating the process that way.
>>
>> I'm using an Epson 11880 on Pictorico Ultra film with both QTR (pt/pd) and
>> straight driver (cyanotype).
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob

Color Folio