[Alt-photo] Let's talk banding...

Kerik Kouklis kerik at kerik.com
Tue May 9 02:05:58 UTC 2017

Thanks, Bob, and for the off-list response.

Apparently the 11880 and 7880 have different menu choices. There is no selection for paper type in the alignment menu on the 7880, only paper thickness. I've tried it on glossy paper and that alone doesn't seem to fix the problem.

After reading some other posts on this topic, I tried changing paper thickness to "Standard" rather than 0.1 or 0.2 mm (Pictorico OHP is about 0.15mm). I then ran the auto head alignment on a sheet of glossy photo paper. Things got better, but I think there's still a touch of the banding present. I've tried running auto head alignments before on Pictorico, but I sometimes get a sensor error from the printer and the alignment stops. Might have better success with Ultra OHP since it has more base fog. I will give that a try next, if I still have some Ultra on hand.

I'm hoping to find a definitive fix for this problem. Even if it's something that has to be repeated a regular basis, I just want to be able to make it go away with certainty.

-Kerik
www.kerik.com