[Alt-photo] Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 156, Issue 3

Bob Cornelis bob at colorfolio.com
Tue May 9 16:00:55 UTC 2017

Mark

Hard to argue with success - but you mentioned 2 things your student did,
the other being changing the paper thickness. Given there is no mechanical
explanation as to why the feed adjustment would affect vertical banding, my
money would be on changing the paper thickness as what tipped the tide. It
would be interesting for someone to test this - maybe your client could
undo the feed adjustment change but leave the thickness change and see what
happens.

In my experience, changing the feed adjustment when it is needed to correct
horizontal banding can lead to other problems down the road (such as the
introduction of horizontal banding!) so it should only be done if
necessary.

But maybe both are required in combination as part of some weird secret
handshake that makes it work - don't you love technology?

Bob

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Mark Nelson via Alt-photo-process-list <

> Bob,
>
> I would agree with you, except for the fact that in this case changing the
> paper feed adjustment appeared to solve the problem.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Mark Nelson
>
> www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
> PDNPRint Forum @ Yahoo Groups
> www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
>
> Curve Calculator III for the Mac is Now Available
>
> sent from my iPhonetypeDeviceThingy
>
> > On May 9, 2017, at 7:00 AM, alt-photo-process-list-
> request at lists.altphotolist.org wrote:
> >
> > Changing the paper feed adjustment setting should only affect horizontal
> > banding, not perpendicular banding like Kerik is reporting. The latter is
> > typically caused by head alignment issues

Color Folio
www.colorfolio.com

2550 Lewis Dr.
Sebastopol, CA 95472