[Alt-photo] Possible paper issue

Debbie Warren dmw0529 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 21:35:47 UTC 2017

Hi Marek,

I'm Diana Bloomfield's friend who has been have spotting issues with Revere Platinum. I used this paper successfully for quite sometime for gum bichromate printing, but with a recent batch, I'm noticing "speckles" in the highlight areas that will not go away even after very long development times or with light brushing. This usually occurs after about the second or third layer of gum, and I have noticed it with various pigments. I have also noticed with this new batch that the clearing time is much longer. With past batches my highlights cleared quite quickly, certainly within an hour, but now it's taking several hours to clear the highlights. I have kept my process consistent, but since no one else has been having issues with this paper, I've just concluded that I must be doing something wrong. I've tried adjusting the pigment concentration, exposure times and gum to dichromate ratio, but have not been able to eliminate the problem. It seems like a sizing issue to me, but I'm fairly new to gum printing, and when other, more experienced printers are not having a problem with the paper, it really seems like it must be "user error". It sounds like you are having a somewhat similar problem, so maybe I'm not totally crazy. I do not size the paper.

Have you been able to resolve this issue with your process?

Sent from my iPad